Saturday 31 October 2015

Boquhan Glen

I first spotted the fantastic names of this place on the OS maps years ago and became intrigued. The Hole of Sneith sounds like something out of 'The Jabberwocky'! The Belly of The Whale makes me think of Jonah and Pinochio.  Henrietta's Grave and Dugald's Tower I have yet to find. When I found it mentioned in Louis Stott's marvellous (out of print) book 'The Waterfalls of Scotland' I knew I had to go take a look.  
It is one of those places much loved by the Victorians but little visited now. It is not easy to access either. I have visited several times and each visit reveals something new.  

Lower Boquhan Glen









The Hole of Sneith










                                                                        Sheep Falls



Hole of Sneith





The Belly of The Whale









Belly of The Whale at Dawn with Eddie & Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment